Thursday, November 5, 2015

Choosing your battles

What makes you tick? Are you one of those people who are pretty much annoyed by anything anyone else does that you don't agree with or is it a specific thing in particular? Well for me I can say without a doubt it is cleanliness, I have to be honest and this is not to toot my own horn but I'm probably one of the most cleanest people I know I can't help it I was raised that way. Well my husband on the other didn't get the  memo and seems to clearly have a problem of catching on after 7 years of living together, either that or he has a personal vendatta against me to ruin my life by  going against every single thing I put in place to keep order in our house (deep sigh) He doesn't understand that this is how I keep my peace of mind. So this brings me to ask myself is it really that serious, do I have to  cringe at the immediate sight of him walking on the clean carpets in his dirty shoes after I've asked one hundred times not to and he replies oblivious to my irritation "what? My shoes aren't dirty". Cant I just let it go and pick my battles save the speaches for a deeper matter? Look past silly agruing and bickering and try to find happiness? This is true I could probably do that. But much to my dismay I have  a hard time doing that. Some days I wish that he made a bit more effort to do some things just because it's what I like or it's something he knows is pleasing to me. I can't speak for everyone and I certainly won't try but when you feel like a persons effort is a direct reflection of their love for you its dishearting to get to a place in your relationship where it seems as though they just don't care. Their isn't a desire to cater to your wants and needs when everyday just seems to feel like your just going through the motions and you look up and wonder how on earth did we end up here? are the small petty arguments a sign that their are bigger problems deep down and how do you address them and fix them without having the gates the hells spill open into your relationship, how do you discuss issues big or small without getting off topic or going into a never ending round of the blame game, how do you get your spouse to understand that just because something may seems small and minor to them it's a major issue to you and want it to be viewed in that way?....

Respectfully,
From The Heart of The Family 

No comments:

Post a Comment