Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Realizing and accepting your Purpose

It's so crazy how long it can take us sometimes to see what's right before our eyes. When we are absent our 20/20 vision because we focus so heavily on what we dont have, who or what is missing we have such a blurred view of our blessings. Today I am as happy as a mama can be. When your most prized possessions are your kids and they go off into this world we know can be a cruel place, oh but what a glorious day when they are kept by God and he sends them back to you in one piece you really can't help but to be thankful for  that. My baby boy, my only son, my first born who is growing into a young man is home for the holiday from school God showed me again how awesome he is. It's confirmation that what he has for me will be so much greater than what I thought I needed, he showed me that what he has already given is enough
I just have to look at it differently. Some times get out of my own way and for Christ sakes just embrace what you have. My baby hugged and kissed me so hard and long and smiled more than I have ever seen him smile before. He was so happy to be home to be in the home that his parents have made for him. I'am his place to go, his comfort, his stability, the place he knows all is warm and well when he gets there. I thought about
when I was 18 I had no place to call home, no mom because she had passed away years before, no room in someones house that was kept just for me, no warm and well place to return where people awaited my arrival. No one made sure they went to the grocery store and got my favorite food items. All of a sudden I was hit with a feeling of fulfillment as I had to say thank you god for allowing me to be to my babies all that I never had and although I will never know what that feels like the joy of giving it seemed so much more satisfying than to receieve it. Everything may not always be perfect I'am waiting the harvest of so many blessings. But god has not forgot about me and he is right on time today. Remember to embrace who embraces you love who loves you. I do believe that their are probably multiple purposes for our lives and when we stop trying to do things our way and take off the blinders we can then open our minds and hearts to what God has appointed us to be. I used to feel as though it was a bit of a curse to be living life as a motherless child, to then becoming a teen mom and then struggling to be my  best self. I now believe that the events that have shaped my life is a part of my divine intervention. I think that God knew I was gonna need all the love,fulfillment, laughter and support from these little people he entrusted to me. He knew I was gonna get to place a  where I would feel so alone and so empty that the love of family is the only thing that would sustain me. Just as they need me I in the same fashion would need them. That is what he does he fixes us when we don't even know that it is him who's doing the work. I unboubtable know that one of my purposes is to be Don,Daijah,Kaylee and Kelby's mom.

Respectfully,
From The Heart of The Family

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment